Dental Veneers are a ready-made replacement to transform that beaming smile. They are a worthwhile option to treat various cosmetic concerns such as chipped teeth, discoloration and general appearance. You may also look to have veneers placed to treat gum disease. They are not the same as crowns or implants because they cover the front surface of your teeth to transform your smile and appearance.
What Are Dental Veneers?
Made with porcelain material, delicate, thin-shaped veneers are applied with dental cement to the front surface of typically the front eight teeth. The shell shape is slim yet strong enough to resemble just like your natural teeth. The good thing is that they can be shaded to resemble the color of your natural teeth.
Porcelain veneers are typically chosen because of their long-lasting results to your appearance. They hide any uneven, chipped teeth or mismatches. The self-confidence that you will feel once your smile will last forever. Porcelain is stronger and doesn’t affect your speech or biting abilities.
What Are the Benefits to You?
The appearance is the biggest benefit to your teeth. There are many more hidden benefits that you probably aren’t aware of:
- It Solves All of Your Cosmetic Issues – Porcelain Veneers fix many dental issues including gaps in your teeth, chips, misshapen teeth and discoloration.
- They Are Easy to Look After – If you look after your porcelain veneers just as you would with your natural teeth, then they will work well for you. This includes brushing twice a day and flossing daily. This helps reduce tartar and plaque build-up. The advantages of doing this are healthy, white and shiny teeth.
- The Results are Immediate – The procedure is simple and painless and only requires two visits. There is also no recovery time for them and your smile appearance will immediately improve once the procedure is complete. It is up to you to maintain the results through a positive oral routine.
- Your Tooth Structure Is Maintained – The enamel will be removed from the front of your teeth, so the veneers can be applied. This doesn’t affect any of your tooth structure.
- Say Goodbye to Discoloration – Although good oral hygiene is helpful to avoid discoloration, you should be cautious of the foods you eat and drinks you consume. It is recommended that you don’t drink dark liquids such as coffee and soft drinks. This will keep the white shining on your teeth.
Dental Veneer Aftercare
Unlike implants or root canals, there isn’t a recovery process for dental veneers. Once the cement is placed and the veneer is applied, you can begin to speak, chew and bite like normal. If you experience any roughness, this will disappear very quickly. Veneers are expected to last up to 15 years. You must be cautious to make sure they last that long.
- Do not chew on hard objects
- When opening packages, never use your teeth
- Do not bite foods with your front teeth
- Identify if teeth grind when sleeping and purchase a mouthguard
You can find more information on dental mouthguards by clicking here
Are you looking to apply Dental Veneers to your teeth to transform that smile? Contact us at Wahroonga Dental Group now and let us help you on your journey to transforming your oral appearance!