You Should Not Neglect Your Oral Health And Here’s Why
Although you may think your teeth are clean and healthy, and you may feel you don’t need to visit a dental hygienist, the truth is it is too good to be true. Many people naturally don’t take their oral hygiene seriously and suffer the consequences when it’s too late. You eventually begin to experience:
- Stained Teeth
- Crooked and Chipped Teeth
- Tartar and Plaque Build-up
- Internal Bleeding and Pain
- Gum Disease
It isn’t emphasized enough that you must take care of your teeth and oral hygiene. Not only does it promote oral health, but it also restores your confidence and appearance, enabling you to showcase that beaming smile in public.
Here are 5 reasons why regularly visiting your dental hygienist is so important:
- Healthy and Shiny Smiles – Discoloration is inevitable, and no matter how many times you brush your teeth, those stains will start to stick, especially within those hidden areas. Maybe your teeth and gums are damaged and need some dental TLC. Your hygienist has the necessary tools to freshen, clean & whiten your teeth and get them in the healthiest condition. It will restore your confidence and help you go about your business with an infectious smile.
- Prevent Gum Disease – There is a large likelihood that you may develop gum disease as you get older, and that should be enough of a concern to see a hygienist. Gum disease is painless and undetectable in the early stages, but a regular hygienist visit means regular assessments, preventive treatments, and oral hygiene plans to maintain your dental health and reduce the risk of losing any teeth.
- Reducing the risk of Oral Cancer – Cancer screenings are performed at every occurrence that you visit your hygienist. If detected early, it is easily curable. Your hygienist will provide risk factors and tips on how to prevent oral cancer such as quitting smoking, alcohol, and tobacco. A regular user of these only increases the risk.
- Prevent Bad Breath – Bad breath is common amongst all humans and simply brushing your teeth twice daily doesn’t quite cut it. Typically known as Halitosis, it is developed if a form of bacteria has spread throughout your teeth. Get it seen to by a hygienist, so you can begin to breathe easy without the worry of bad breath.
- Personal Care Plans – If you don’t like visits to the dentists, you can take matters in your own hands. If you initially attend appointments, the chances are you’ll be less likely to visit in the long run. Suffering gums and teeth will take time to put right, but if you self-manage your oral hygiene appropriately, the chances are your appointments will become sporadic.
Simple and small changes deliver exceptional results. As patients, we may think that we’re doing everything right to keep our teeth clean and healthy, such as a twice-daily brush and flossing, but visiting a hygienist has other distinct benefits such as managing appropriate diets and stress, two important factors in maintaining strong oral health.
Do you need your teeth checked? Click here to contact Wahroonga Dental now to book your appointment right away!